I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD." - Psalm 122:1 NLT

 

return to church

It has been nearly six months since the country has been locked down by a virus.  Luckily my job at the hospital is essential and I have been keeping busy with animal crossing on my switch and failing to learn android programing (though I haven’t given up yet).  Like many others, my church moved to online services via youtube which is good and convenient but just not the same as gathering to worship together in person.  The last few weeks in person service has been off and on at the whim of California politics and I must say I truly was glad when they said to me let us go up to the house of the Lord.

Last year’s Sunday school season started on august 4 and we began a “read the Bible in one year” program.  It took me a year and two weeks, but I’m still calling that a success.  This year, with classes starting on September 13th, I want to do it again only this time instead of going cover to cover in a straight line I will be following a chronological reading plan from blueletterbible.org.  The idea is to host a Bible survey class covering the larger story of the Bible, how each book fits into that story, and the basics of how to study the Bible.  Adding me in this topic is the latest book I’ve been reading, How to read the Bible like a seminary professor by Mark Yarbrough which is an excellent novice to intermediate level how to study book.

Hopefully with this return to teaching I will also be able to return to writing here on this blog.  In the meantime, how have you grown in the faith during this pandemic?


Comments